David Bailey Furniture Systems Ltd.
12 Lysander Close
Pysons Road Industrial Estate
Kent CT10 2YJ
David Bailey Furniture Systems is a specialist manufacturer of furniture for healthcare facilities, hospitals, veterinary surgeons and the education sector.
We have been successful across the UK with major contracts at leading hospitals including the NHS, Guys & St Thomas's and Wexham Park, as well as many schools, academies, universities and leading vet practices, including the PDSA and Blue Cross.
The company is expanding to meet demand and has a program of updates and investments at our factory in Broadstairs to facilitate our increasing market success.
The successful applicant will report to the Senior Estimator and will work closely with our established CAD Design, Estimating and Sales team to provide CAD drawings to our clients and contractors to enable products to be manufactured and provide quotations to our clients and contractors both services in line with company policy, pricing and criteria.
CAD-Key Responsibilities include:
- Using company software (Autocad v.16) to design and prepare plans
- Collaborating with clients and colleagues to establish timescales
- Problem solving
- Researching materials, fixtures and fittings and incorporating these into accurate drawings, initially at quotation stage.
- At order stage, drawings to be amended to suit dimensions and incorporate any client changes as required
ESTIMATING-Key Responsibilities include:
- Preparation of Quotations – from information provided by the client, as a Bill of Quantity on Excel or take-off from drawings on bespoke system
- Researching specialist and bought in items and obtaining competitive prices
- Liaising with Production on special furniture
- Sending out enquiries for pricing for bought in items
- Liaising with Contractors, Clients and Architects
- Revising existing quotations in line with the latest information
- Ability to read drawings
- Excellent customer service skills
- High level of accuracy and numeracy
- Problem solving
- Experience of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Sense of urgency
- Paid Pension
- Free Parking